JEC COMPOSITES 2014 : SPRING Technologies unveils "NCSIMUL Machine Composites"
Discover the new dedicated solution for the simulation of composite lay-up - Booth R12 hall 7.3
SPRING Technologies, vendor of solutions to enhance the productivity of CNC machines, invites you to visit its booth at JEC COMPOSITES 2014 from March 11 to 13 at the Parc des Expositions, Porte de Versailles, Paris. With its new offering, "NCSIMUL Machine Composites", SPRING is extending its simulation offer to encompass composite lay-up.
Composites are a new growth opportunity for manufacturers, while at the same time addressing environmental issues and optimizing material costs. Yet, getting completely on top of these materials remains a challenge. This is why SPRING Technologies is delivering new, dedicated software solutions for professionals, backed up by project engineering support from its historic partner HACOMA.
Repurposing experience of ISO programming into composites
With NCSIMUL Machine 9.1, the latest version of its flagship machining simulation software, SPRING Technologies is bringing its expertize in CNC program simulation (supporting ISO and other codes) to the process of manufacturing parts in composite materials. The new "composites" functionalities enable smarter, more realistic, and more efficient lay-up simulation, supporting a wide range of manufacturing methods.
NCSIMUL Machine users can now simulate lay-up processes executed by Numerical Control machines (including robots), integrating technical publishing for documents such as work sheets, and automating numerous simulation process functions.
- Fast validation of CAM programs for material lay-up
- Precize positioning of the fiber ribbon and alarm systems (program error detection, collisions, etc.)
- Dedicated 3D analysis tools: fiber thickness measurement, angles between fibers , radius of aperture
- All 3D information can be reused by the design office (the fiber lay-up envelope can be exported for re-use in CAD)
- Easy, efficient user interface
The 3D envelope can be used in the Design Office.
SPRING and HACOMA pool their experience to produce a comprehensive solution for specialists
Composites interact with all areas of manufacturing. Yet, because they are so different, they demand a special approach when it comes to part design, tooling and route sheets. With its expertize in process engineering and composite parts, HACOMA supports manufacturers through their process end-to-end, from the design specification to the shipped part. To enable manufactures to get completely on top of their composite product development process, HACOMA and SPRING Technologies offer specific training in high-performance composites; from initiation into composites to complete mastery of complex composite part design methods. The training course includes the following modules:
- "Core" : design and philosophy of using composites.
- "Process" : approaching and mastering the processes.
- "Tooling" : understanding all the tools needed to produce composites parts.
- "Hands-on CAD implementation" : how to apply CAD (CATIA V5) to real-world cases.
- "Analysis" : behavior and calculations, composite material resistance in the design office.
- "Design" : mastering the complete design method for a part.
SPRING Technologies looks forward to meeting you on booth R12 hall 7.3 at the JEC COMPOSITES show on March 11, 12 and 13 2014 where you can find out full details of the new composite solutions from SPRING Technologies and HACOMA.
HACOMA is a company specialized in part design, process development and the manufacture of composite items for the manufacturing and aerospace sectors.
Based on innovative processes, it is one of the first companies in France to use thermoplastic composites.
With a wide range of powerful production equipment, HACOMA can produce complex one-off parts or series running to thousands of units.
Based on its expertize in composites it offers comprehensive end-to-end support for the industrial process, from design through manufacturing and production control.